Monday 27 June 2016

'Flower shop' and watercolour.

Oh my goodness! i can't believe how much rain we have had in the last few days!! with this in mind I thought I would share a simple watercolour technique with you. I have used the 'flower shop' stamp set and coordinating punch (the 'Pansy punch').

I started with a pool party card base and cut a piece of watercolour paper to mat onto the front of it (just very slightly smaller). Using my 'so saffron' ink pad and an aqua painter filled with water I 'washed' the diluted ink over the watercolour paper and put it to one side to dry. I did the same thing with pool party ink on a scrap of watercolour paper and let this dry too.
Once they were dry I stamped two flowers from the 'flower shop' stamp set onto the pool party watercolour paper, in 'sweet sugarplum' ink (I hope this makes sense!!) and punched them out with the pansy punch. On the 'so saffron watercolour paper I stamped the speckles from 'gorgeous grunge' to the left hand side using pool party and sweet sugarplum again. On the bottom right hand side of the card I stamped the sentiment (from 'watercolour wings') and glued this to the pool party card base. I wound some gold thread around my hand about eight times,lay this over the stamping in a spiral shape and stuck the two flowers over the top of  it with stampin' dimensionals, this holds the thread in place.
 There are so many different things you could do with this idea, just changing the colour scheme would give the card a completely different look, I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.