Wednesday 22 June 2016

'Watercolour wings'

Hello, I thought whilst the sun was shining I would have a go at some summery cards. I have used 'Watercolour wings' for these cards.

For these cards I have chosen pink. I love pink, it can be soft and fresh or bold and vibrant. Here,the inks I have chosen are pink pirouette, soft sugarplum and marina mist for contrast.
The Watercolour wings stamp set is a 'three step' stamp set which means the final stamped image is created using three separate stamps. The base layer of the butterfly was stamped in pink pirouette ink randomly all over a piece whisper white cardstock. Then I used the next layer stamp in sweet sugarplum and created the outer edge of each butterfly. the final stamp gave each butterfly more depth and dimension when stamped into the centre of each one using marina mist ink. I love the result, it was really quick to do and to finish the cards I just wrapped some pink pirouette seam binding around the card and tied it into a knot then matted the stamped whisper white onto a Sweet sugarplum card base. As you can see the other card was made in the same way but using the inks in a different order and a pink pirouette card base. I hope you like them x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.